jueves, 28 de abril de 2016

7. PREPARATION - CC'S

Day 1:

I've just joined an activity called Elderly Care, a volunteering group of young people who wanted to meet and to learn a lot of things about old people who wanted their company. I spent the first day in a kind of meeting in my residence. The old people were amazing and a bit shy but the teachers assigned each other. As I said, everyone was a bit shy but at the end of the class, we were talking alot each and I enjoyed that a lot. I admit I was a bit nervous at the begining but I could feel their affection so it became easyier for me.

Day 2:

We met each other again at the residence. They recived us with a big smile and in the morning we did a kind of activity or a game togheter. I had a lot of fun and they seemed happy too! Then we had lunch and in the afternoon we talk and they explained to me their life and their chilhood and I explained my life in general: how old am I, where do I live, which is my school,... After that we had dinner and then we said goodbye to each other because we had to leave. Fortunatly, we'll see them at 9:00 o'clock in the morning.

Day 3:

The last day we did a trip around the lake and we saw the animals and how did they lived there. It was a great experience because I've seen many times the lake but I've never seen it that way!
We did all the round in 1h and 45 min because they walked very slowly. I didn't mind that because if we walk to fast sometimes we don't see things clearly. They enjoyed the trip a lot too!
Elderly Care group believe that if you love old people and you want to know them and learn from them you must spent time with them because not a lot of people know them the way I do now.
At the end of the day we had to leave for a couple of weeks. They were really sad and I was a bit too because I had a great experience with them and they showed me many things in a short time. We'll keep contact by cards and I hope I could see them soon!


Clàudia Guilana Mach

4t ESO

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario